I had received comments/request/queries on my previous post. So here, am going to share with you on the step by step for installing Android apps (apk) without using the official playstore. You may check previous post here.
For this sample, I’m going to use Astro On-the-go.
Reason for this manual install is because, some apps is ‘not compatible’ with the devices.
For this case, there’s still work around.
The steps are:
1) Download required apk to a pendrive. For advance user, you may put this on NAS. That’s what I did.
2) Install ES Explorer from the PlayStore.
3) Plug-in the pendrive to you set top box.
4) Run ES Explorer apps and look for your pendrive. Normally, it is SDA1.
5) Open it. Choose which apk you want to install, and proceed.
6) Once install, you can enjoy using it.
note: You might need usb mouse/keyboard to ease the process. Below are my collections: